Life isn’t as complicated or as scary as you might think. With just a few, simple truths, you can make your life a lot easier, more productive, and more enjoyable. This is my goal for you in this article and I hope you will run with it!
Most of us are worried about things that doesn’t matter. If we could see the reality of the situation, we will worry a lot less. It pains me when I see people go through unnecessary stress because of trivia issues.
By doing this, we are also making life more challenging than it needs to be.
Change your perspective with these simple truths, and your life will change, too:
- The Universe doesn’t care. Sometimes it seems like the sun, the moon, and the stars are plotting against you, but it’s simply not true. The universe doesn’t play favorites. It doesn’t care. It’s up to you to create the life you desire.
- Ninety-nine percent of the people in your life don’t really care, either. Most people aren’t that concerned with your happiness and success. They’re too busy worrying about themselves to worry about you. So, their opinions don’t really matter. You do not need the approval of anyone to succeed!
- In the long run, your mistakes won’t matter. If you’re worried about messing up, making an incorrect decision, or a mistake you’ve made, ask yourself if it will make a difference in a hundred years. If not, you can avoid worrying about it. Besides, mistakes are just openning you to more options.
- It’s important to be choosy with regards to friends and romantic partners. Your life is incredibly important to you. Consequently, it’s important to be incredibly selective about who you allow into your life. The people in your life can make it significantly better or worse. Go with those that align with your purpose, I mean those that make you complete and happy.
- Things beyond your control don’t deserve your attention. If you can’t affect it, what’s the point in worrying about it? Put your attention on something you can influence.
- Happiness and success don’t have to happen at the same time. There are successful people that are miserable. There are happy people that are struggling. Becoming successful won’t necessarily make you happy. If you seem to be failing left and right, it doesn’t mean you can’t be happy. Decide to stay on course!
- Making a mediocre choice is better than making no choice. Even if you don’t make the best choice, at least you’re moving forward. When you fail to make a decision, the decision will ultimately be made for you, and it won’t be in your best interest.
- It’s often surprising what people will do if you’ll just ask. Most people are more accommodating than you might think. Instead of trying to take on the world alone, consider asking for some help now and then. You never know if you don’t ask. If your request is refused, you are not any worse off.
- Make your health a priority. We will all be better off if we had made eating nutritiously and exercising a habit in our teenage years. It’s not too late to start. The sooner, the better. Decide to make your health a priority today. If you wait for a health crisis to take your health seriously, you have fallen way behind.
- How you spend your time matters. The quality of your life is determined by how you spend your time each day. Spending time on frivolous activities doesn’t add value to your life. Think about how you spend your time. If you will use it more productively, your life will be more fulfilling.
Understanding the basics of life makes the whole game easier. Life becomes complicated when we ignore these basic ideas. For example, if you believe the universe is fundamentally against you, and you let just anyone into your inner circle, where is your life likely to end up?
Accept responsibility for your life, realize what matters to you, and spend your time wisely. Allow these truths to set you free.
Stephen Adetolu is a Certified John Maxwell Coach, Trainer and Speaker who is passionate about helping individuals and businesses discover their purpose, maximize their potentials and become the best version of themselves.